Current Full Time Openings:
Current Part Time Openings:
Applications with resume are required for all full time positions.
They may be dropped off or mailed to:
City of Port Huron
Municipal Office Center
Human Resources Department
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer • Equal Housing Opportunity
Job applications are provided in PDF format.
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To provide assistance with administration of the accounting system of the City; to prepare financial records and reports; and to perform related accounting and administrative work.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is performed under the direction of the City Controller.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: An employee in this class may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform).
- Responsible for miscellaneous financial operations which include the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
- Analyze financial reports for completeness and conformance to standards.
- Assist in the preparation of Federal and State reports relating to the payroll function.
- Maintain assets/inventory control.
- Fulfill various administrative reporting requirements.
- Assist in reconciling various receivable and payable accounts.
- Account for cash transactions, including preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Maintain and prepare records and accounts for bookkeeping and accounting entries for a variety of funds.
- Maintain records and detailed reports as required.
- Perform payroll and accounts payable/receivable duties on occasion.
- Provide assistance with the purchasing function.
- Perform related work as required.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Extensive knowledge of computer functions and operations and an in-depth ability to program and maintain spreadsheets.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices.
- Organizational skills and ability to assemble data and prepare accurate records and reports.
- Ability for accuracy and neatness.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and the general public.
- Initiative and skill in solving problems.
- Be reliable and have ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Mental alertness, integrity and dependability.
- Ability to operate appropriate office equipment.
An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following training and experience:
- An Associates Degree is required in Accounting or other related field. Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years direct accounting experience is required with experience in the following:
- Preparation of general journal entries.
- Reconciliation of cash and other accounts.
- Maintenance of a trial balance.
- Superior English, grammar and spelling skills, together with considerable skill and experience in the operation of computers, various software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and email) and a variety of other office equipment.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver License (Operator's).
To apply: Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from www.porthuron.org. Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at: City of Port Huron, Human Resources, 100 McMorran Blvd., Port Huron, MI 48060. A resume must accompany the completed job application.
Application deadline: Friday, February 20, 2015
Salary range: $35,000 - $45,000
Crossing Guard - Seasonal
The City of Port Huron is currently accepting applications for the following seasonal employment opportunity:
School Crossing Guard
DUTIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assist elementary age children in safely crossing locations near their school.
- Work assignments are near the City’s Elementary Schools.
- Work approximately 2.9 hours per day; Monday – Friday (all scheduled school days).
- Schedule: 7:30-8:30 a.m. and 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and personal telephone number is required.
- Satisfaction of working with and helping children
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **