Current Full Time Openings:
Current Part Time Openings:
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LIFEGUARD (RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
· Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
· Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility.
· Decision making skills.
· Recognize and respond calmly, quickly and effectively during emergencies to ensure the safety of all patrons.
· Provide emergency care and treatment necessary pending the arrival of emergency medical personnel.
· An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided).
· Leadership and public relations skills.
· Enforces aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations in a firm and impartial manner.
· Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Maintains a high standard of customer service.
· Respond to inquiries from the public in a professional manner.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Inspect the facility and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the designated supervisor.
· Complete required records and reports.
· Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
· Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Minimum qualifications include:
o American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid written exam and certifications.
o American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer skills test and certification.
o Successful completion of pre-employment lifeguard knowledge and skills testing.
§ 500-yard timed swim in 12 minutes or less
§ Treading water holding a 10 lb. diving brick with both hands for 1 minute.
§ Surface dive and recover of an object at a 12 ft. depth.
· Hours vary.
· Six month maximum assignment.
· Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of sitting, standing and walking.
· $ 7.25 - $ 10.15 / hour (depending on age and qualifications)
· Does not include a benefit package.
· Friday, May 6, 2016
· Must be 15 years of age or older.
· Must attach a copy of required certifications upon application.
· If you are applying for a Lifeguard Supervisor position, please indicate that on your application.
· Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from
· If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
· Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **