Web Site Wallpaper

An individual receiving a blight violation notice has the right to attend a hearing where the person may present a defense to the violation.  Hearings are presided over by Administrative Hearing Officers who are licensed Michigan attorneys.  These hearings take place on the first floor of the Municipal Office Center (MOC) located at 100 McMorran Blvd, Port Huron MI 48060 810-984-9797.  At the conclusion of the hearing, the Administrative Hearing Officer will make a finding of facts and issue a written Decision and Order of Judgment which is a state civil judgment.  It is treated the same as any other state court judgment for enforcement purposes.

Can a Decision and Order by the AHB be appealed?
Decision and Order by the AHB may be appealed to the St. Clair County Circuit Court.  An appeal must be filed within 28 days of the order.  If a Decision and Order and Judgment by Default is issued, a defendant may file a motion to set aside the Default  Order within 21 days.

How do I file an appeal?
You may appeal an Administrative Hearing Officers decision by filing a claim of appeal within 28 days of the final decision with:

St. Clair County Circuit Court
201 McMorran Blvd. Port Huron, MI 48060

You must also post a bond equal to the fine and costs imposed by the Administrative Hearings Officer with:

City of Port Huron
Administrative Hearings Bureau
100 McMorran Blvd, 3rd Floor

Once bond is posted, if you fail to comply with requirements of the Supreme Court rules for an appeal to the circuit court, the appeal is considered abandoned and the appeal may be dismissed on seven (7) days notice.  If appeal is dismissed or the decision of the Administrative Hearings Officer is upheld, the bond shall be applied to the fine and costs.

  Administrative Hearings Bureau - Default Petition 
  Administrative Hearings Bureau - Defendent Information
  Code Enforcement Ordinances
  Rules and Procedures

© 2018 - City of Port Huron - All Rights Reserved
100 McMorran Boulevard, Port Huron, Michigan 48060