Summer Day Camp Leader 1 & 2 (Recreation Department)
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SUMMER DAY CAMP LEADER 1 & 2 (RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
- Deliver the camp program to meet the needs and interests of the camps target population and ensure delivery in a safe and quality manner under the direction of the Day Camp Director.
- Plan recreational, age appropriate activities to suit the needs of the participants.
- Including arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor activities, sports, etc.
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer camp including programming, camper supervision and health care.
- Oversee recreational summer program activities and facility use.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness of the facility and equipment.
- Ability to lead and work with specialized instructors.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests in an effort to create memorable moments.
- Respond to inquiries from the public in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain contact with the families of the child participants.
- Enforce rules and regulations in a firm but fair and consistent manner.
- General knowledge of the principle rules, materials and equipment required for a variety of recreation activities.
- General knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of public recreation.
- Ability to adhere to program standards and objectives as outlined.
- Possess CPR and First Aid Certifications. (Training provided.)
- Previous recreation experience with youth would be helpful.
- Swimming skills required in order to participate in the pool with children twice per week.
- High school graduate, preferred.
- Hours vary; Monday – Friday.
- Six month maximum assignment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- $ 10.75 – $ 11.75 / hour
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, March 26, 2021
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded by clicking HERE.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Deadline for Applying : Mar 26, 2021 04:30 PM