Sports Programmer (Recreation Department)
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of youth sports programs, facilitating current programming, while developing new programs.
- Direct, conduct and evaluate classes and programs.
- Assist with program and event implementation, setup and tear down.
- Train, supervise and evaluate all assigned sports program staff and coordinate volunteers.
- Establish a good rapport with program participants, their families and staff.
- Provide a safe, clean environment for all participants and their families.
- Assist with staff training and orientation.
- Attend all staff meetings as directed.
- Manage the sports programs monthly budget including tracking monthly spending to assure that program supplies are replenished as need while staying within budget.
- Maintain various records regarding the programs and the participants, along with some other assigned administrative duties.
- Assist with other Recreation Department special events.
- Knowledge of general sport rules essential (e.g. basketball, softball, volleyball, soccer).
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, required.
- Previous supervisor experience and three (3) years of experience working with children, preferred.
- Hours vary.
- Must be available to work days, nights and some weekends.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
Salary: $15.00 / hour
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, May 28, 2021
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a current, valid Michigan Driver’s License (Operator’s) and the ability to drive a 12-passenger van.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded by clicking HERE.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Deadline for Applying : May 28, 2021 04:30 PM