MOC Maintenance Laborer
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
M.O.C. MAINTENANCE LABORER
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Perform a variety of facility maintenance (routine and preventive), cleaning and grounds maintenance at the Municipal Office Center (M.O.C.).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is performed under the direction of the M.O.C. Maintenance Supervisor.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: An employee in this classification may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Confer daily with the M.O.C. Maintenance Supervisor on maintenance plans and needs.
- Assist with proper flag placement in front of the M.O.C. on a daily basis.
- Assist with various custodial (routine and preventive) duties, such as: mopping, sweeping, cleaning, painting, maintenance and repair.
- Assist with trimming, mowing, edging, watering, reseeding, fertilizing and renovating landscaping around the M.O.C.
- Assist with monitoring, operating and maintaining the M.O.C. HVAC system to ensure it is operating properly.
- Assist departments, employees or tenants with office/department configuration, as well as, rearranging/adding/removing desks or other office furniture/equipment.
- Assist with deliveries to the M.O.C.
- Assist with the annual physical inspection of all mechanical equipment.
- Assist with maintaining all equipment in good working order; motors, sump pumps, vacuums, scrubbers, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance of the facility including mechanical, plumbing and electrical.
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance, such as, replacement of small motors, various filters and belts, greasing parts.
- Set up and maintain equipment records.
- Keep a daily and monthly report on the maintenance operations.
- Report time and material used for routine maintenance.
- Perform related work as assigned.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Working knowledge of building maintenance programs and grounds maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, heating, electrical and air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime, as requested.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with the public and with other employees.
An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following training and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school is required.
- Several years experience in custodial, building and grounds maintenance work.
- Must have a current, valid Michigan Driver License (Operator’s).
Monday – Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Ability and willingness to work overtime and callouts, as required
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs frequently
- Ability to lift and carry various items up to 75 pounds
- Ability to push and pull various items with ease
- Ability to interact with co-workers, vendors, contractors and citizens in a professional manner
Salary Range: $ 17.00 – $ 20.00 hourly
Benefit Package, including:
- Paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal days and holidays
- Healthcare, dental, life and optical insurance
- Disability income plan
- Qualified retirement plan
- Deferred compensation plan (457)
- Healthcare savings plan.
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from HERE.
- A resume must accompany the completed job application.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Deadline for Applying : Jul 30, 2021 04:30 PM