THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Accept and prepare preliminary reports of criminal complaints and accidents of a minor nature.
- Perform specific, limited patrol duties within assigned areas as a visible deterrent.
- Enforce City ordinances as authorized by the Department.
- Effectively communicate with people by listening, giving information, directions, etc.
- Obtain statements from victims,witnesses, and suspects.
- Serve subpoenas.
- Maintain log and accurately record all equipment being issued and returned.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Keep work area stocked with necessary supplies and equipment.
- Verify bond money.
- Log-in persons arrested.
- Bond-out persons arrested.
- Prepare supplemental reports.
- Assist the on-duty command officers or other superior officers when requested.
- Confiscate/preserve evidence and found property.
- Perform Parking enforcement, as well as, beach, park and canal patrols; take enforcement action when deemed required.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Attending college, enrolled in law enforcement or related field.
- Maintain a 2.0 or better GPA.
- Good moral character with no major contacts with any law enforcement agency.
- Ability to communicate and interact with fellow employees,other agencies and various types of people.
- Ability to accurately prepare written reports and forms.
- Legible handwriting and spelling skills.
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory work record.
- Must possess a current, valid State of Michigan Driver License with a good driving record.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D.
- Starting wage: $ 9.45/hour
- After six months: $ 9.95/hour
- After first year: $10.95/hour
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled