Part-time Records & Identification Clerk
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
PART-TIME RECORDS & IDENTIFICATION CLERK
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To perform varied clerical and typing work of a responsible, confidential nature. Duties involve typing and clerical work requiring the exercise of individual initiative and independent judgment; and considerable contact with the public in the performance of assigned tasks.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Records Administrative Supervisor or the Administrative Services Lieutenant.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: An employee in this class may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Prepare and type from plain copy, rough drafts, transcription devices or general instructions: letters, memos, notices, reports, report dictation and recommendations.
- Data entry of all reports, including warrant requests, citations, arrests and all other Department records.
- Considerable public contact, including issuing various licenses and permits in accordance with legal requirements; answering public inquiries relative to departmental activities over the counter, by telephone, facsimile or electronic mail.
- Answer mail inquiries and questionnaires according to instructions or by established procedures, often requiring original composition.
- Process FOIA requests of documents, video/audio recordings and body cameras per department policy and instruction.
- Coordinate Police Department payroll.
- Filing of all office documents issued, received and maintained.
- Handle monies received for payment of licenses, parking violations or services provided by the Department.
- Perform additional assigned work and/or duties as required.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, business English, spelling and commercial subjects.
- Considerable knowledge in the use of personal computers for data entry, word processing and transcription.
- Skill, speed and accuracy in performing various clerical, typing tasks and data entry.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of standard office equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the departmental records.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate clerical records, correspondence, reports and tabulations.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional office manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with the public and co-workers in a professional office atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following training and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, including or supplemented by advanced typing training.
- Minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Three (3) or more years experience in responsible clerical work.
Location: City of Port Huron Police Department, 100 McMorran Blvd., Port Huron, MI 48060
Working Hours: Six hours per day / four days per week; total of 24 hours per week; Department hours are Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Benefit Package: Does not include a benefit package.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed below.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
Deadline for Applying : Jan 24, 2020 03:30 PM