Beach Maintenance Worker
THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
BEACH MAINTENANCE WORKER – PARKS DIVISION
- Interact with the general public and facility users to provide visitor services, such as explaining regulations, answering visitor requests, needs and complaints, and providing information about the beach, park and surrounding areas.
- Monitor the activities of park users, enforce park operating rules and facility reservations.
- Perform routine maintenance and regular cleaning of buildings, facilities and grounds, assisting with the operation of the facilities, opening and closing of buildings.
- Assist maintenance personnel in general duties and projects.
- Work both independently and as part of a team, exercise sound judgment and decision making in accordance with City of Port Huron policies; and handle stressful situations with effective and friendly customer service.
- Graduation from an accredited high school preferred, GED acceptable.
Working Hours: Position requires irregular hours. Work schedule will include days, afternoons, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand or walk for significant periods of time.
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, crouch, crawl and kneel.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (e.g. heat, rain, cold, etc.).
Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Monday, February 3, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
Deadline for Applying : May 29, 2020 03:30 PM