THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LIFEGUARD (RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility.
- Decision making skills.
- Recognize and respond calmly, quickly and effectively during emergencies to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- Provide emergency care and treatment necessary pending the arrival of emergency medical personnel.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided).
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Enforces aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations in a firm and impartial manner.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries from the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Inspect the facility and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the designated supervisor.
- Complete required records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum qualifications include:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid written exam and certifications.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer skills test and certification.
- Successful completion of pre-employment lifeguard knowledge and skills testing.
- 500-yard timed swim in 12 minutes or less.
- Treading water holding a 10 lb. diving brick with both hands for 1 minute.
- Surface dive and recover of an object at a 12 ft. depth.
- Hours vary.
- Six month maximum assignment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of sitting, standing and walking.
- $ 9.70 - $ 13.00 / hour (depending on age and qualifications)
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Must attach a copy of required certifications upon application.
- If you are applying for a Lifeguard Supervisor position, please indicate that on your application.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
Deadline for Applying : May 29, 2020 03:30 PM