THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SPORTS COACH 1, 2 AND 3 (RECREATION DEPARTMENT)
- Plan recreational, age appropriate activities to suit the needs of the participants.
- Including various sports, games and other activities.
- Supervisor and/or assist with maintaining cleanliness of the facility and equipment.
- Ability to lead and give instructions or work with special populations.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests in an effort to create memorable moments.
- Respond to inquiries via phone call and email in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain contact with the families of the child participants.
- Enforce rules and regulations, maintain discipline and resolve disputes in a firm and impartial manner.
- Work with the Recreation/Marketing staff to promote and schedule programs and activities.
- Organize and request supplies.
- Prepare reports on the various activities.
- General knowledge of the principle rules, materials and equipment required for a variety of recreation activities.
- General knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of public recreation.
- Ability to adhere to program standards and objectives as outlined.
- General knowledge of first aid practices and techniques.
- Previous recreation experience with youth would be helpful.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including various times, nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Hours vary based on program scheduling.
- Six month maximum assignment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions with prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to move, load and/or set up tables, chairs and various equipment for events and classes.
- $ 8.20 - $ 10.55 / hour (depending on age and qualifications)
- Does not include a benefit package.
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
Deadline for Applying : May 29, 2020 03:30 PM