THE CITY OF PORT HURON IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To perform responsible collection, bookkeeping and clerical work involving posting to and maintaining journals for ledgers and related work thereto.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is performed under the supervision of the City Treasurer.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: An employee in this classification may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Collect taxes, utility charges, assessments, parking tickets, rental inspections, and all other related City monies.
- Count and balance monies from City pools, Lakeside parking lot, and other outside locations.
- Balance and prepare bank deposits for all City monies.
- Prepare daily collections listing for the Data and Accounting Divisions.
- Answer all inquiries and complaints.
- Perform miscellaneous typing work.
- Operate office equipment including computer terminals and PC’s.
- Sort and prepare various mailings, including property taxes.
- Process mail daily for Treasurer, Income Tax and Water Offices.
- Post payments in tax rolls
- Operate outside TV teller.
- Assist with Water Office functions, scheduling work orders for the Utilities crew, process final readings and charges, handle customer inquiries.
- Maintain mortgage code records.
- Perform related work as required.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Considerable knowledge of general business, banking, bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of BS&A Software Applications is preferred.
- Ability to count money and balance a cash drawer.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
- Ability to prepare accurate records and reports.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to type at least forty (40) words per minute accurately.
An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following training and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school supplemented by training in bookkeeping, banking and accounting.
- Some experience in responsible bookkeeping, banking, accounting and related clerical work.
Location: Municipal Office Center, 100 McMorran Blvd., Port Huron, MI 48060
Working Hours: Four to five days per week between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Maximum 24 hours per week.
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Benefit Package: No benefit package included.
Date Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020
- Job applications can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from here.
- If mailed, it must be postmarked by the deadline date listed above.
- Original job applications will be accepted in-person or by mail at:
City of Port Huron
100 McMorran Blvd.
Port Huron, MI 48060
** EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER **
Deadline for Applying : Feb 28, 2020 03:30 PM